FSC® and PEFC Certificates
The North West Timber Treatments Group is committed to sourcing our timber and products from ethical and environmentally sustainable suppliers. North West Timber Treatments was an early adopter of the FSC® & PEFC certificates in 2008.
Both trade certificates mean that the products you purchase can be traced from the point of purchase right through to the forest that the tree was cut from, both FSC® and PEFC have strict regulations that govern forests to ensure that:
- Biodiversity is maintained
- There is no excessive deforestation
- Trees exported from forests are replaced by replanted trees
- Stakeholders, local communities are not adversely affected from deforestation
- Workers rights are protects throughout the supply chain
PLEASE STATE AT THE TIME OF ENQUIRY AND ORDER THAT YOU REQUIRE AUDITED FSC® AND PEFC MATERIALS TO ALLOW FOR PRICING AND OUR CHAIN OF CUSTODY AUDITING PROCESS.
FSC Objectives can be found here.
PEFC Objectives can be found here.
NWTT Ltd. recognizes the importance of environmental responsibility, which is why every effort is made to source products from the UK, to minimize carbon emissions from distribution. As a supplier of Chain of Custody Certified Products we are audited each year by an independent regulator to ensure that over 70% of our products come from sustainable sources.
What Timber do you sell that is FSC or PEFC?
- We can provide any timber size or product as Chain of Custody Certified Products providing it is not a hardwood
- Most External Timbers, (ungraded) can be supplied as FSC Mix 70%
- Most Internal Timbers, (Joinery grade) can be supplied as 70% PEFC Certified
- For particle board, fibreboard, plywood or graded timber it varies from our suppliers so you would need to enquire
FSC® Products are available on request
FSC & PEFC PRODUCTS ARE ONLY SOLD AT OUR ASHTON-IN-MAKERFIELD, MANCHESTER & ST HELENS BRANCHES.
For more information about our supply chain management, and environmental commitments please contact firstname.lastname@example.org