FSC® and PEFC Certificates
The North West Timber Treatments Group is committed to sourcing our timber and products from ethical and environmentally sustainable suppliers. North West Timber Treatments was an early adopter of the FSC® & PEFC certificates in 2008.
Both trade certificates mean that the products you purchase can be traced from the point of purchase right through to the forest that the tree was cut from, both FSC and PEFC have strict regulations that govern forests to ensure that:
- Biodiversity is maintained
- There is no excessive deforestation
- Trees exported from forests are replaced by replanted trees
- Stakeholders, local communities are not adversely affected from deforestation
- Workers rights are protects throughout the supply chain
PEFC Objectives can be found here.
FSC Objectives can be found here.
NWTT Ltd. recognizes the importance of environmental responsibility, which is why every effort is made to source products from the UK, to minimize carbon emissions from distribution. As an FSC Mix 70%, 70% PEFC supplier we are audited each year by an independent regulator to ensure that over 70% of our products come from sustainable sources.
What Timber do you sell that is FSC or PEFC?
- We can provide any timber size or product as PEFC or FSC providing it is not a hardwood
- Most External Timbers, (ungraded) can be supplied as FSC Mix 70%
- Most Internal Timbers, (Joinery grade) can be supplied as 70% PEFC
- For particle board, fibreboard, plywood or graded timber it varies from our suppliers so you would need to enquire
For more information about our supply chain management, and environmental commitments please contact email@example.com