North West Timber Treatments Ltd. (NWTT) are a manufacturer and supplier of timber, timber products and building materials operating out of the company headquarters in Ashton in Makerfield.
We supply the products across the North West. At NWTT we recognise that our daily operations, services and products have both positive and negative environmental impacts on both a local and a global scale.
This environmental Policy is applicable to any operations or services taking place on the NWTT site on Lockett Road, Ashton in Makerfield. It includes all NWTT staff and company vehicles operating beyond the site boundaries. The environmental impacts of NWTT products are also included within the scope of this EMS.
NWTT recognise that businesses have a responsibility to account for their environmental impacts. The company therefore aims to minimise its environmental impact where possible and continually improve through the following principles:
- Applying best available practices of Environmental Management
- We will set environmental improvement objectives, monitor performance, and review on a continuing basis.
- Promoting and raising awareness of sustainable practice throughout the company, including; raw material efficiency, energy efficiency and prevention of pollution.
- Implementing a system where the company keeps up to date with changes in legislation in order to fully comply with applicable environmental legislation and any other requirements to which the company subscribes.
- Commitment to purchasing timber from legal sources through auditing our own suppliers in accordance with the laws of their country. The company unreservedly condemns illegal logging.
- Minimising waste production, re-using materials where possible and recycling before considering disposal.
- Identify key environmental effects and monitor where possible to ensure that continual improvement is achieved through the setting of realistic objectives and targets which are reviewed annually.
- Communicating this policy throughout the company and making it available to the public and any other interested parties.
- Reviewing and updating this policy annually in accordance with ISO 14001: 2004 Environmental Management System.
13th February 2017